[Dataloss] FL: Lost luggage has info on 61 school workers

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Tue Sep 4 11:52:40 UTC 2007

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070904/NEWS01/709040325/1006

A missing piece of luggage belonging to a state auditor contains the
personal information of 61 Brevard Public Schools employees and had
district personnel scrambling before the holiday weekend began to notify
people that their names and Social Security numbers might be compromised.

The bag went missing during an Aug. 19 Delta Airlines flight somewhere
between Pensacola, Atlanta and Melbourne, school district personnel and an
officials with the State Auditor General's office said.

"We are well aware of the horror stories from identity thefts and we are
hoping none of these employees will suffer that experience," Schools
Superintendent Richard DiPatri said. "We are working with the auditor
general to get to the bottom of this situation as quickly as possible."

[...]