[Dataloss] Nevada Law Mandates Encryption of Electronically-Transmitted Personal Information

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Thu Oct 25 21:04:18 UTC 2007

Speaking of PII and other such data, did anyone ever attempt to bring
the "PCI DSS as law" into the mix in NV? If encryption was proposed,
I'd be surprised if other such protections were not as well.

At last count, MN, CA, TX, MA and IL have or had laws proposed
containing bits of the PCI DSS. Did I miss anyone?

--
B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

http://www.wkdelong.org                    Son.
http://www.ianetsec.com                    Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org             Volunteer.
http://www.carolingia.eastkingdom.org   Service.
http://bkdelong.livejournal.com             Play.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org