[Dataloss] WA: Hard drives containing hundreds of patient files stolen

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Sat Mar 24 02:57:46 UTC 2007

http://www.komotv.com/news/consumer/6678947.html

KOMO 4 News has learned a thief or thieves have stolen computer hard
drives with personal files on hundreds of local patients.

Police aren't saying much, but it appears to involve someone that has
access to offices in the building.

This week, Swedish Urology Group notified hundreds of patients and former
patients about potential identity theft at its office in Seattle.

"I'm worried about my social security number and my credit rating," said
one patient who wished to be identified by her first name, Kaye, out of
privacy concerns.

She got the letter yesterday.

[...]