[Dataloss] seriously flawed U Washington breach study gets press making claims

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Wed Mar 14 21:35:18 UTC 2007

Some good insight, Bill. The key thing with getting the word out,
(though there are a number of journalists on this list), is to set
this study to a Google Alert and email your points to any reporters
who cover said. It wouldn't hurt to get a few more sharp folks to
"sign on" to the points.

Of course, certain vendors may fan the flames by pointing out that
corporations need to buy more products and services but hopefully that
trend continues to be less useful the more educated everyone becomes.

--
B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

http://www.wkdelong.org                    Son.
http://www.ianetsec.com                    Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org             Volunteer.
http://www.carolingia.eastkingdom.org   Service.
http://bkdelong.livejournal.com             Play.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org