[Dataloss] TJX Caginess...Or, I'd Love to Find Out about the Technology Involved

Beth Rosenberg beth at sandstorm.net
Fri Mar 2 14:19:40 EST 2007

I've been scrambling around the web looking for more information about
the TJX breach than I'm finding. I don't care about the figures of how
many people were affected, but rather about the technology the company
was using, and how the breachers were able to go through it so easily:

What kinds of servers? Firewalls? Network configurations? Anything that
would lead me to figure out how so many holes could have been so open
without anyone noticing, or at least coming public with it.

Any pointers would be immensely helpful...  Thanks.