[Dataloss] CA: Fresno County searches for disk with employees' personal info

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Fri Jun 1 17:05:44 UTC 2007

http://www.fresnobee.com/384/story/51223.html

County officials are looking for a missing computer disk that contained
the names, addresses, Social Security numbers and other personal
information of thousands of home health care workers and their clients.

The disk was lost last week after the county sent it by courier to a
software vendor's office in San Jose to determine workers' eligibility for
health care benefits, county officials said.

"We've been doing this for three years and there has never been a glitch.
But it's missing and we don't know what happened," said Kristin Bengyel,
executive director of the county's program that oversees 10,000 home-care
workers.

[...]