[Dataloss] New mandatory reporting laws & FOIA requests?

Dissent Dissent at pogowasright.org
Fri Jan 5 17:28:04 EST 2007

Re new legislation: I know that Vermont has some:
http://www.pogowasright.org/article.php?story=2006122107272726

Here are two urls that may be of some interest to you for
clearinghouse on breach notification by states:

http://www.ncsl.org/programs/lis/cip/priv/breach06.htm
http://www.ncsl.org/programs/lis/cip/priv/breach.htm

Cheers,

/Dissent

> Does anyone know if any new State laws went into effect Jan 1? We're
up to 38 now? Chris - I know you did some FOIAing of NC. I'd be
> curious what it would take to do all the other states and TRULY get
> better insight into what's happening. Maybe we need to find a
Privacy
> Rights Clearinghouse type org that can manage a FOIA project.

<snip>

--
Privacy-related news and resources: http://www.pogowasright.org
Privacy news headlines feed: