[Dataloss] 4 arrested in security breach at Stop & Shop

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Tue Feb 27 12:15:43 EST 2007

As a some-time shopper of MA-based Stop and Shops, I find this
ridiculous. Where the hell were the "Loss prevention" folks on this
one? They have cameras and, in some case, an office that overlooks the
entire store floor.

I bet they were tampering with the Self-Checkout lines as no store
staff is around them unless they throw up the red light....and only
then after one waits for several minutes. They go to the kiosk, reset
and go back to the other registers.

I just don't understand how someone could get away with this in such a
public setting.

--
B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

http://www.wkdelong.org                    Son.
http://www.ianetsec.com                    Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org             Volunteer.
http://www.carolingia.eastkingdom.org   Service.
http://bkdelong.livejournal.com             Play.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org