[Dataloss] Lost F.B.I. Laptops Still a Problem, Inspector Says

Henry Brown hbrown at knology.net
Tue Feb 13 08:59:48 EST 2007

Different "SPIN" on the process:

http://govexec.com/dailyfed/0207/021207tdpm2.htm

The FBI has made significant progress in decreasing the rate of loss of
laptop computers and weapons, the agency's inspector general said Monday.

The analysis determined that when compared with figures from 2002, there
has been a 349 percent reduction in the average number of weapons lost
or stolen in a given month and a 312 percent reduction in the loss or
theft of laptops. The agency reported 160 weapons and laptops lost or
stolen during the audit period.