[Dataloss] [Follow-up] Vassar Brothers Medical Center

blitz blitz at strikenet.kicks-ass.net
Thu Feb 8 22:53:13 EST 2007

I'm afraid we may be seeing the tip of a new trend. When a company
realizes its been breached, they merely hire an independent
investigator to say they weren't, and buy a lot of insurance to cover
it. If the incident "hasn't happened" then they should be able to
still get enough insurance to CYA. In any case, I expect to see
admissions mitigated a lot more frequently by similar dealings.
Lie, CYA, and hope nothing comes of it. The majority apparently
don't, so its a gamble for them with odds on their side. Perhaps...
Noting less should be expected from corporations who if they gave a
damn would of secured it properly in the first place. Its just more
corporate slight-of-hand.
Grrr....