[Dataloss] CTS: Thief Steals Tax Records

Max Hozven mhozven at tealeaf.com
Sun Feb 4 00:08:32 EST 2007

>This is a sore point for me - we hired a telemarketer to call every CPA
in >Phoenix.  There was virtually no interest on the part of the CPA's
to >protect their customer's information from this type of event.

That's pretty sad.
I'd give it really good odds that an Account's own personal data would
be on a hard disk they owned (and had customer data on) also.
Probably for a fraction of what they make on just one tax-return, they
could
buy disk encryption software.

-Max