[Dataloss] AL: WSFA 12 News Update on Missing Air Force Computer

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Sat Dec 29 19:37:33 UTC 2007

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=7550098&nav=0RdE

J.J. Evans spent 24 years in the Air Force protecting our country.  Now
he's angry because he says the military didn't protect his personal
information.  He says, "When you trust someone with that, you expect
better."

Air Force officials sent Evans a letter detailing how a military laptop
computer is missing and it contains personal information including social
security numbers, birth dates, addresses, and telephone numbers of active
and retired Air Force members. "When someone gets a hold of a computer,
they can wreck things," Evans says.

[...]

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=7554385&nav=menu33_3

WSFA 12 News has new information on a story we first reported Thursday
night on WSFA 12 News at ten.  Friday, Air Force Officials contacted WSFA
12 News telling us the personal information of 10,501 people are on a
missing military computer.

[...]