[Dataloss] UK: Police personal data found on discarded floppy

Brian Honan brian.honan at bhconsulting.ie
Thu Dec 27 10:09:41 UTC 2007

Don't forget that under EU, and UK, Data Protection legislation businesses and organisations are obliged to protect the personal information they hold on their customers and in some cases their staff.

While the EU Data Protection legisation places obligations on companies to protect this personal data, there are no significant breach disclosure laws.  So in my opinion breaches of this nature within the EU are significant as they could be in breach of the Data Protection legislation and we need to publicly know what breaches are occuring so that we can better argue for the introduction of data breach disclosure laws.

Brian

--
Brian Honan
BH Consulting
Email:      brian.honan at bhconsulting.ie
www: http://www.bhconsulting.ie
Support Global Security Week http://www.globalsecurityweek.com

This message is for the named person's use only. If you received this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies and notify the sender.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and not of BH Consulting