[Dataloss] (update) OH: Community Blood Center affected by laptop theft

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Sat Dec 1 00:42:38 UTC 2007

(note:  I love pre-dated news stories...)

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/hp/content/oh/story/news/local/2007/11/30/sns120107laptop.html

By Kelly Baker
Staff Writer
Saturday, December 01, 2007

Community Blood Center is the latest business to be notified that
employees' information was stored on a laptop stolen in October from a
Kettering auditing firm.

Battelle & Battelle LLC was conducting an audit of the blood center's 401K
plan when a laptop was stolen from a Battelle employee's vehicle, said
Blood Center spokeswoman Sher Patrick. Up to 600 employees appeared to be
affected.

"The message we want to get out is that this does not affect our blood
donors in any way," Patrick said. Only employees and their 401K
information was on the laptop stolen in Oakwood.

[...]