[Dataloss] TJX breach shows that encryption can be foiled

Adrian Sanabria adrian.sanabria at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 03:58:53 UTC 2007

So frustrating, getting little bits of technical info at a time. It is even
common for people to refer to something password protected as "encrypted".
Just the phrase "decryption tool" is a big clue. Clue to what, I don't know,
but most encryption I've worked with would never lead me to use that phrase.
Can anyone think of a specific product that would refer to? The only thing I
can think of is the decryption tool (usually put on a bootable floppy or cd)
Helpdesk and Security use to decrypt most enterprise full disk encryption.

--Sawaba