[Dataloss] draft paper performing breach analysis (url within)

Bill Yurcik byurcik at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 12 10:32:31 EDT 2006

I have been working with a student to perform analysis on privacy breaches
using systematic database queries to an event dataset manually combined
from both the PrivacyRights and Attrition event lists (jan 2005 to june 2006).

the draft paper is available at this url:
<http://www.projects.ncassr.org/storage-sec/papers/wesii-3.pdf>
title: "Beyond Media Hype: Empirical Analysis of Disclosed
         Privacy Breaches 2005-2006 and a DataSet/Database
         Foundation for Future Work"

I invite feedback from the insightful readers of this list and will try my
best to incorporate your feedback directly into the paper,
I am also hoping this work will spark other similar efforts...

Please reply to me directly but if you see potential for an interesting
discussion thread please also feel free to post to the dataloss mailing
list and I will see your feedback there also...

Cheers! - Bill Yurcik

a final version of this paper will be published/presented at the following
workshop: 1st Workshop on the Economics of Securing the Information
Infrastructure (WESII) , Washington DC USA, October 23-24, 2006.
<http://wesii.econinfosec.org/workshop/>