[Dataloss] An amazing use of DLDOS

George Toft george at myitaz.com
Wed Sep 6 13:24:03 EDT 2006

What would also make the database really useful for research is if we
could categorize the primary (and secondary) causes of the loss.  For
example:
pri_cause - laptop theft
sec_cause - policy violation

What is important to me as I make presentations are the percentages of
dataloss relating to stolen laptops or burglaries.  Institutions
involved come up as well.

Nice to have would be the category of businesses affected (Government,
University, Medical, Financial) and perhaps the regulations affecting
the data loser (HIPAA, GLBA, FACTA, SOX, or State Legislation).  Some of
this is obvious, some requires research.

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
My IT Department
www.myITaz.com
480-544-1067

Confidential data protection experts for the financial industry.