[Dataloss] Chase Loses Data Tapes

DAIL, ANDY ADAIL at sunocoinc.com
Tue Oct 3 11:36:15 EDT 2006

I've not seen it in the news, but I just received a letter dated Sept
18, 2006 from Chase stating they'd lost a back-up tape with a Circuit
City account number first issued by First North American National Bank.

Law enforcement has not been able to locate the tape, but they believe
it was mistakenly marked as trash, compacted, and buried in a land fill.
[insert skeptic emoticon here]

Andy Dail
Sunoco PCI Project Manager

This message and any files transmitted with it is intended solely for the designated recipient and may contain privileged, proprietary or otherwise private information. Unauthorized use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original and any attachments.