[Dataloss] Olympic Funding Chicago?

blitz blitz at strikenet.kicks-ass.net
Fri Mar 3 04:28:08 EST 2006

Hard drives alone like that would make one think it was a well planned job.
Someone wanted that specific information, and its a LOT easier to put
a couple hard drives in your pocket than take the whole computer.
Whole bunches less conspicious.
Whoever did this had a specific target and knew what they wanted...do
doubt about it.
With hard drives approaching the price of breakfast cereal, no one
but a determined, focused thief would take the trouble to dismount them.
This has the smell of an inside job ALL OVER it.

At 18:38 3/2/2006, you wrote:
>Does anyone know anything? there's not quite enough here for my stereotyped
>blog headline...
>
>http://www.pioneerlocal.com/cgi-bin/ppo-story/localnews/current/eb/03-02-06-846416.html
>
> > George Gilou arrived at his mortgage office Feb. 6 and discovered
> > the back door had been forced open. It didn't take long before he
> > realized the business he owns, Olympic Funding Chicago, 6308
> > N. Milwaukee Ave., had been burglarized.
> >
> > According to police reports, three computer hard drives were stolen,
> > containing clients names, social security numbers, addresses and
> > phone numbers.
>
>In particular, was this actually just the hard drives being stolen?
>How many people were affected?
>
>Adam

>--
>believed to be clean.