[Dataloss] 88 million... is it really an accurate number?

blitz blitz at strikenet.kicks-ass.net
Tue Jun 27 20:34:17 EDT 2006

I would imagine any combination of personally identifiable
information that could be used to impersonate someone.
Medical records are supposed to be protected under the HIPPA laws,
but to date, NO ONE has been prosecuted/fined for violations, and
they are indeed widespread. I myself have had private medical
information leaked. I filed a complaint, but it falls on deaf ears.
Ears that are intending to protect the wrongdoers.

At 19:05 6/27/2006, you wrote:
>And what is a "record" in this case?  A single name-to-address or
>name-to-SSN mapping, or the whole block of name/addr/phones/ssn/
>license-plate/preferred-underwear-brand/criminal-record/allergy-list?
>
>_H*

believed to be clean.