[Dataloss] Firms play Data Protection roulette

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Sun Jul 9 00:19:07 EDT 2006

Using real personal data for testing is usually not a purpose
specified under various privacy policies & disclosures, and usually
doesn't hit the "essential" tests that the laws allow.

In the US, that's probably less of a problem legally, because we don't
have a general data protection law, but in other countries, using live
data for test is probably out.

Adam