[attrition] 11 years later (happy holidays)

Lyger lyger at attrition.org
Thu Dec 22 23:59:24 CST 2016

http://attrition.org/news/content/05-12-17.001.html

http://attrition.org/news/content/05-12-25.001.html

[10:00] Lyger: just remember... it was 11 years ago this week that the box
died and me, strange, forno, and you had to set up and config it
[10:00] Jericho: that long ago..
[10:02] Lyger: WE OLD MAN, WE OLD
[10:02] Jericho: i'm a nubile young minx
[10:03] Lyger: i now remember you freaking out over the phone because of
the eth0 on SuSE, heh
[10:03] Lyger: i think i heard you throw something and break it
[10:03] Jericho: that was the most retarded linux install ever
[10:04] Lyger: ahhh, from that article, "On a more positive note, Lyger
has now fully experienced the sound of a floppy disk being flung across
the room and shattering, all over Skype!"
[10:04] Lyger: i was right :)
[10:04] Jericho: floppy disk tells you how old we are
[10:05] Lyger: if i recall, it was a Windows 98 boot disk to get a basic
OS up for the Linux install
[10:06] Lyger: or mount the CD drive or something
[10:10] Lyger: and i was right again:  "The only hiccup was SuSE left
'grub' in my MBR forcing me to download an old
Windows 98 boot disk so I could execute the classic fdisk /mbr

sigh.  we old, we old...  happy holidays 11 years later, friends :)