[attrition] 'License Plate-gate' Means New Design for Nebraska

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Sat May 23 00:20:59 UTC 2009

(as a state resident, I can only say... "you bastards... you rock.") :)

http://www.kmtv.com/global/story.asp?s=10409305&ClientType=Printable

Lincoln, NE- Nebraska is changing its license plate - again. The plate
featuring the state bird and state flower- the western meadowlark and
goldenrod - is the actual winner of online voting.

The original results of voting were skewed by a Web site's prank. The
site, collegehumor.com, encouraged people to vote for what it deemed to be
the most boring design.

That design, which was black, white and red with the Nebraska.gov Web
address, was announced as the winner Tuesday.

In a recent post, 'collegehumor.com' wrote, "Together we pranked the
entire automobile-owning population of Nebraska. Congratulations."  You
can see more of what the wrote about the vote on the link on the left.

The new plates go into use 2011.

[...]