[attrition] review: Movie: Firewall

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Tue Oct 17 21:29:09 EDT 2006

http://attrition.org/movies/firewall.html

Firewall
2006
Lyger

Actually, I wanted to review this movie a few months ago when I was doing
the WarGames, Hackers, and Antitrust reviews. Then I freaked out, joined
the Army, worked for the government, and went into business for myself...
I'm a professional killer. Or something like that. Okay, okay, so I'm a
slacker and forgot to get around to it.

Firewall starts off with opening credits that include what appears to be
surveillance video. Not exactly building into any suspense there, kids.
Jack Stanfield (Harrison Ford) is a middle-aged security expert with a
family and a respectable job with a decent office (hell of a view there),
and a problem. He's being set up to help rob his own employer, and as a
security "expert", tries to protect himself and his family from the
nefarious doings of his enemies. In short order, his family is kidnapped
and held hostage in order to make Jack comply to their demands. In other
words, it's two hours of "MAH FAMBLY BE PWN3D, H0W KIN AH S4V3 D1M?" But
hey, it's a movie... kinda.

[...]