[attrition] Attrition News - 03/05/2006

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Sun Mar 5 05:29:20 EST 2006

http://attrition.org/news/content/06-03-05.001.html

Attrition.org mentioned in fiction novel
Sun Mar 02:44:15 EST 2006
Jericho and Lyger

It was recently brought to our attention that attrition.org has been
mentioned in a fictional novel. While original details were vague, we
finally found out that an author by the name of Andy McNab (with the
assistance of one Robert Rigby), penned a fictional book titled "Payback",
copyrighted in 2005 and published in the United Kingdom. In fair use, the
following is quoted:

Payback, Andy McNab and Robert Rigby, c. 2005, p. 180:

     "She began hitting the websites she had used before to gain access to
the Intelligence Service's internal computer system and George Fincham's
personal e-mails. That time she had been helped by a hacker using the name
Black Star, who was surfing the dark corners of the Deep Web.

[...]