From: Simple Nomad (thegnome@nmrc.org)
To: Joe Anne LeMonte (joeannelemonte@link-builder.com)
Cc: staff@attrition.org, nmrcfolk@nmrc.org
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:19:11 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: nmrc.org

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Joe Anne LeMonte wrote:

> I discovered nmrc.org in Google, my favorite search engine. I am
> requesting that you create a link from nmrc.org to my client's web site
> if you feel that their content is in some way related or complements
> your site. In exchange, I'll post a link from their site to yours.

I find it AMAZING you have an actual client related to us. This means
you have a client whose content is somehow complimentary to this hacker
site. I cannot imagine another hacker site paying money to "exchange
links". You think NMRC, a hacker site, wants to "exchange links" with
anyone? I have great friends who deserve links to their site and I haven't
got around to doing it yet.

Ah crap, that's it, isn't it? Man this is so embarassing. Your client is
attrition.org. And they had to resort to some lame "linkbuilder" site.
What a major netiquette blunder. I mean I should have picked up on the
social clues -- the decoder ring syncronization party, the wild porn
exchange, taking turned comparing turned-down FOIA requests for our FBI
files -- I should have realized it was all for a link exchange.

> Exchanging links will help bring in more business for both your web site
> and my client's. An added benefit is increased search engine traffic
> because the search engines rank sites higher that have a good number of
> relevant links.

Well, since nmrc.org is a hobby site that SELLS NOTHING, and we get well
over a million hits PER MONTH, why would I like to increase traffic? It is
hard enough keeping up with demand as it is. Did you know that for every
request that comes in via the web, WE SEND A REPLY AND CHARGE NOTHING FOR
IT? You ask yourselves, "how?" and we reply "volume".

> This is not a free-for-all link exchange, I don't waste my time with
> them and you shouldn't either. I am only linking to related web sites so
> that all my links are relevant to my site.

What the hell is a "free-for-all link exchange"? And I thought you had a
client? Are you your own client? Is this really Jericho?

> I would like to send you my client's web address, so that you can review
> their site. Our client is the leading provider of e-business content and
> collaboration software. Using the software enables people to work
> together more efficiently and productively.

Now you are back to speaking about "client" in the third person again.
Whatever. Really dude, you and I BOTH should stop doing coke.

> Please let me know if you are interested in exchanging links. I'll send
> you more details once I hear back from you.

You might find this somewhat shocking, but I am not interested in
exchanging links. At this point I am so embarassed, it would seem like
pity exchange. I say we back up and start over, THEN exchange links.

> Looking forward to your reply.

As am I, future link brother!

> Sincerely,
> Joe Anne LeMonte
> joeannelemonte@link-builder.com
> http://www.link-builder.com
>
> P.S. If for any reason you don't want me to contact again, just email me
> and let me know.

That would NEVER be the case, Jericho.

Unless of course this really ISN'T Jericho, which would make this spam. If
it is spam, you are the absolute worst marketing analyst in the world. In
that case, remove all nmrc.org addresses from your spam list, and send me
a reply stating you have done so.

-         Simple Nomad          -    negotium     -
-      thegnome@nmrc.org        -   perambulans   -
-  thegnome@razor.bindview.com  -   in tenebris   -




From: security curmudgeon (jericho@attrition.org)
To: Simple Nomad (thegnome@nmrc.org)
Cc: Joe Anne LeMonte (joeannelemonte@link-builder.com), 
Sick Little Monkeys (bastards@attrition.org), nmrcfolk@nmrc.org
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:42:54 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: nmrc.org


> > I discovered nmrc.org in Google, my favorite search engine. I am
> > requesting that you create a link from nmrc.org to my client's web site
> > if you feel that their content is in some way related or complements
> > your site. In exchange, I'll post a link from their site to yours.
>
> I find it AMAZING you have an actual client related to us. This means
> you have a client whose content is somehow complimentary to this hacker
> site. I cannot imagine another hacker site paying money to "exchange
> links". You think NMRC, a hacker site, wants to "exchange links" with
> anyone? I have great friends who deserve links to their site and I
> haven't got around to doing it yet.

Hrm. I'm thinking you should report Joe Anne to the FBI. She clearly
states that SHE will add the link from her client to you. Only way she
could do that is if she had administrative access to the machine, or
violated Title 18 laws, which is a federal offense. That is not nice!

> Ah crap, that's it, isn't it? Man this is so embarassing. Your client is
> attrition.org. And they had to resort to some lame "linkbuilder" site.
> What a major netiquette blunder. I mean I should have picked up on the
> social clues -- the decoder ring syncronization party, the wild porn
> exchange, taking turned comparing turned-down FIOA requests for our FBI
> files -- I should have realized it was all for a link exchange.

Hey, leave the wild porn exchange out of it. You consented to that email
and I have the signed letter in your blood and cum.

> Well, since nmrc.org is a hobby site that SELLS NOTHING, and we get well

You guys stopped selling babies to the far east?!

> Now you are back to speaking about "client" in the third person again.
> Whatever. Really dude, you and I BOTH should stop doing coke.

I'll take the spare!

> Unless of course this really ISN'T Jericho, which would make this spam.
> If it is spam, you are the absolute worst marketing analyst in the
> world. In that case, remove all nmrc.org addresses from your spam list,
> and send me a reply stating you have done so.

And remove all attrition.org aliases since you'll no doubt try to spam us
too...




main page ATTRITION feedback