[VIM] Apache AXIS Non-Existent Java Web Service Path Disclosure?

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Fri Apr 27 00:05:05 UTC 2007

Watchfire's Appscan product looks for this vulnerability (not sure what
they officially title it, the title above is my own), but I can't find any
reference to it. Google finds a lot of indirect references suggesting it
is common knowledge to the folks who use the product. Has anyone seen this
before or have a reference?

----------

Requesting this URL will generate the error message:

http://[target]/axis/tt_pm4l.jws?wsdl

AXIS error

Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Fault - java.io.FileNotFoundException:
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\axis\tt_pm4l.jws (No such file or directory)

AxisFault
  faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
  faultString: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\axis\tt_pm4l.jws (No such file or directory)
  faultActor: null
  faultDetail:
 	stackTrace: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\axis\tt_pm4l.jws (No such file or directory)

[SNIP]