[VIM] Likely errors in PhpAuction report

Steven M. Christey coley at mitre.org
Wed Jul 13 02:32:25 EDT 2005

Regarding Diabolic Crab's report on PhpAuction vulns, archived here:

  SECTRACK:1014423
  URL:http://securitytracker.com/id?1014423

(CAN-2005-2252, CAN-2005-2253, and CAN-2005-2254 forthcoming)

has a couple oddnesses about them.  Specifically, some URLs contain
"/phpauction-gpl-2.5/" whereas others don't.

There is further evidence from the raw error outputs that some, or
all, of these results were obtained by testing on a live web site.

Given this, there is some evidence that the "viewnews.php" and
"login.php" errors are specific to the live web site and *not* the
PhpAuction product; however the PhpAuction source code isn't available
so I can't be sure.

Normally I might not comment on this but if I'm right, then a lot of
DB's didn't catch this.