[VIM] Vendor dispute for CAN-2005-1181 (Ariadne PHP file include)

Steven M. Christey coley at linus.mitre.org
Tue Jul 5 13:55:53 EDT 2005

Vendor dispute for CAN-2005-1181.

I downloaded the source code - still 2.4 - and verified that both
"ariadne.inc-unix" and "ariadne.inc-win" in the www directory - presumably
one of them is renamed to ariadne.inc on install - sets the $ariadne
variable before any require/includes occur in loader.php.

The original research was probably a grep-and-gripe.  Suddenly I feel like
writing an editorial on the apparent rise of grep-and-gripe vulnerability
reporting...

- Steve