[Nikto-discuss] Nikto plugin for Nessus

security curmudgeon jericho at attrition.org
Tue May 1 13:18:58 CDT 2012

On Tue, 1 May 2012, Subscriptions wrote:

: I'm not sure who is responsible for the nikto.nasl Nessus plugin, but
: since I haven't got a response from Tenable yet, I decided to raise the
: issue here as well.

5.0.1 I assume (Apr 16)?

: I recently discovered the Nikto plugin for Nessus and installed it on
: our server running Nessus 5.1. Having followed the configuration steps
: on Tenable's website I got everything working nicely. About a week ago
: it suddenly stopped working.

That plugin has not been changed since 2011/03/21, so it shouldn't be
related to it. The upgrade to 5.0.1, or if you upgraded Nikto recently,
may be an issue.

: I see a 'perl nikto.pl' process starting while the scan is in progress.
: Although the plugins have been updated via our Professional Feed, the
: nikto.nasl plugin appears to have the same date and appears unchanged. I
: think this may be a Nessus rather than a Nikto issue so apologies if I
: shouldn't have posted here, but I'm running out of ideas and was hoping
: that someone might have thought of something I haven't.

First, can you confirm the exact dates of when it last worked, as
compared to when you upgraded to 5.0.1?