[Nikto-discuss] Bug: Nikto eating input from non-tty stdin

dave at cirt.net dave at cirt.net
Tue Apr 19 04:34:07 CDT 2011

Quoting Serge van den Boom <svdb at madison-gurkha.com>:
> There is no generateTargets script; I just used that as a placeholder
> for any command which produces the targets. I can reproduce the issue
> using the following oneliner:
>     printf '127.0.0.1\n127.0.0.1\n127.0.0.1\n' | while read -r
> TARGET; do echo TARGET: "$TARGET"; nikto.pl -host "$TARGET" -output
> nikto-"$TARGET".txt; done

I've raised this as a bug:
http://trac2.assembla.com/Nikto_2/ticket/210#preview

As I'm a bit short of time at the moment I don't have time to fix it
fully. Certainly the description of ReadKey implies that it may read
from stdin - but what I don't get is why it's only reading some
characters.

The quickest way to resolve this may just be to add a -batch switch to
disable interactive features, though then you could only quit via
CTRL+C.