[Nikto-discuss] [Nikto] NIDS evasion mode...

Sullo csullo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 18:51:37 CST 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Philippe VIALLE
<philippe.vialle at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> just to say (and probably warn some of you about that) the "IDS evasion"
> mode triggers dozens of alerts for Proventia equipments. I tried several
> modes, and it is quite not discreet, as long as there is a team keeping an
> eye of the appliance's reports.

They should probably be re-labeled as 'encoding techniques' rather than 'IDS
evasion.'  i'm not sure those methods have been missed by many IDS systems
since RFP published them in whisker an eon ago!

I'll open a ticket to relabel them, or at least add a disclaimer to the
docs. thanks for pointing it out.

--

http://www.cirt.net     |      http://www.osvdb.org/