[Nikto-discuss] server

David Lodge dave at cirt.net
Fri Mar 19 08:16:05 UTC 2010

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 04:02:07 -0000, jaslina kk
<jaslinamuhammedkk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to change the server identification part..and want to change it
> to a
> normal system scanner..So which part do i need to look?

The web server banner is grabbed in the get_banner function.

> Can anyone tell me, what is done by set_target and parse_hostfile?

set_target parses whatever is passed to it by the -hosts option and turns
it into a list of targets (in the %MARKS hash). The %MARK hash is
documented in the documentation.

parse_hostfile does what it says on the tin if a hostfile is passed or an
nmap file is sent through stdin, it'll parse it and return an array of
hosts.

dave