[Nikto-discuss] Nikto Feature enhancement
dave at cirt.net
Fri Sep 25 12:26:49 UTC 2009
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 03:57:53 +0100, David Klein <davidkl at ivision.com.au>
> What would you think about a Firefox add-on for Nikto? E.G encapsulate
> the entire Nikto tool into a Firefox addon.
It would have some use. I did have a look at using XUL to try and do a
noddy interface for Nikto (though it seems excessively complex in talking
to back end code). I'm not going to rule out the feasibility, but it is
beyond my current skills - if anybody knows enough about how to make one,
then fill your boots.
My current plans for UIs are to do a simple proxy which control and report
directly through the web browser. One of the enhancements planned for the
next release after 2.1.0 is to abstract out UI elements so it will be
easier to swap and change UI.
The current ideas I have for UI interfaces are:
* traditional (i.e. CLI - as we have now)
* shell (allows greater control over specific tests/plugins and will
replace nikto -Single)
* GUI (a lot of work and requires choosing a widget set that's cross
* plugin/gadget (potentially, if we can get talking to back end code:
though they're this'd have to be browser specific)
* proxy (simple to use and compatible with everything)
More information about the Nikto-discuss