[Nikto-discuss] Newbie needs help

Tony Wasson tony.wasson at trin.net
Thu Sep 17 14:47:12 UTC 2009

I'm a newbie to nikto, have ran several scans and the output has items like the ones below,
URI

/forum_members.asp?find=%22;}alert('Vulnerable');function%20x(){v%20=%22

HTTP Method

GET

Description

Web Wiz Forums ver. 7.01 and below is vulnerable to Cross Site Scripting (XSS). CA-2000-02.

Test Links

http://"mywebsite"/forum_members.asp?find=%22;}alert('Vulnerable');function%20x(){v%20=%22
http:"mywebsiteIP"/forum_members.asp?find=%22;}alert('Vulnerable');function%20x(){v%20=%22

OSVDB Entries

OSVDB-0

URI

/scripts/dose.pl?daily&somefile.txt&|ls|

HTTP Method

GET

Description

DailyDose 1.1 is vulnerable to a directory traversal attack in the 'list' parameter.

Test Links

http://"mywebsite"/scripts/dose.pl?daily&somefile.txt&|ls|
http://"mywebsiteIP"/scripts/dose.pl?daily&somefile.txt&|ls|

OSVDB Entries

OSVDB-2799

How does one interpret this? do I have an actual vulnerability?

Notice: This email message, including any attachments, contains
information belonging to Trinity Industries, Inc. and its business
units.  It has been sent solely for the use of the intended
recipients and may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted, and
legally privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, please
advise the sender of the error and permanently delete all copies of
this email, including any copies that may reside in your deleted
box.  The unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution, or
copying of this email or its contents is strictly prohibited.