[Nikto-discuss] Nikto not fully GNU GPL?

Jan-Oliver Wagner Jan-Oliver.Wagner at greenbone.net
Fri Mar 27 12:09:22 UTC 2009

I noticed that nikto is now in the non-free section in Debian.
I've not tracked the rationale fully yet.

Is this license change intended by nikto or one of the
Debian habits due to possible misinterpretation?

Background of my question is that I would like to integrate
Nikto more tightly into OpenVAS in the way that the nikto databases
and nikto plugins are updated via the OpenVAS feed and ultimately
manageable via the OpenVAS-Client(s). Similar to how we support OVAL
via ovaldi. Of course this all makes only sense if nikto remains fully
Free Software.

All the best