[Nikto-discuss] Code style / perltidy

David Lodge dave at cirt.net
Tue May 6 11:47:38 UTC 2008

Quoting Jabra <jabra at spl0it.org>:
> I have been looking at many parts of the Nikto codebase and much
> of the code styles are inconsistent. I'm curious if anyone would
> object to me running perltidy with the .perltidyrc from the Perl
> Best Practices book.

I've got no problems with this, one of the problems with Nikto's
codebase is that evolved over time with Sullo being the only
maintainer. This was fine when it was just him, but probably isn't
appropriate any more.

The only concerns I have with things like lint and perltidy etc is to
ensure that an appropriate test plan is ready for afterwards, just to
ensure that nowt has changed in the input and output.

Though if this means that the code ends up in the K&R indentation
style, then I reserve the right to whinge.

dave