[Nikto-discuss] Nikto 2.02 SSL Scan won't work

Kurt Keiser kkeiser at kodidog.com
Sun Mar 30 17:47:35 UTC 2008

I'm currently running Fedora Core 7 with the latest version of OpenSSL and
have the NET::SSLEAY perl module installed.  I cannot get Nikto 2.02 to scan
https sites.

I had the same issue with 1.36.  Luckily the FC7 rpm for it worked.  For
some reason the source files will not work.  Does anyone have any advice?

I get the error on sites that have ssl.  "No HTTP(s) ports found on x.x.x.x"
when running the following command.   Nikto -h x.x.x.x -port 443 -ssl

Thanks.

-Kurt