[Nikto-discuss] Classification of Apache version number

David Lodge dave at cirt.net
Mon Dec 15 23:00:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:41:36 -0000, Alexander Lehmann
<lehmann at arcor-so.net> wrote:
> I'm hope if it is ok to report bugs or suggestions to the list, but I
> didn't find any other contact email on the page.

I'd prefer a bug report at: http://trac2.assembla.com/Nikto_2/newticket as
this email gets a lot of spam. (In my past I posted to full disclosure
 from this address - woe is me!) This means I can track it better.

> When checking Apache version, "Apache/2" is considered outdated, since
> it is below 2.2.9, however this is due to a config option that only
> reports the major version of Apache, so it would probably be better to
> report that checking the minor version is not possible.

Yep; looks like a bug to fix - where it doesn't cope with "cut-down"
version of the version strings. If you could raise a bug I'll deal with
it...

Thanks

dave