[Nikto-discuss] Release of Nikto 2.03
dave at cirt.net
Sun Aug 31 20:21:45 UTC 2008
Now, I've mangled my way through releasing Nikto, it has been release on
No real bug fixes from a month back; but it is now officially there,
please go to http://www.cirt.net/nikto2 to download it.
Here's the bumf from cirt.net:
Only a month late (personal life et al) and nikto 2.03 is now here. This
is an important release as it is the first release of Nikto not under the
benevolent gaze of Sullo.
This is a point release to update the databases and fix a few bugs, many
of which may be found under the CHANGES document (or you can check on
In essence, what has changed:
* Nikto can now take greppable nmap input directly on the command line.
* Nikto can take a range of ports (e.g. 80-82).
* Ports that are not open are now reported.
* Nikto can now read hosts from stdin, by specifying "-host -".
* HTML and XML reports don't produce duplicates.
* Allow multiple HTTP methods to work out whether the server is HTTP
* Fix for a nasty bug where defined variables (e.g. cgi-bin
directories) are not read properly.
* Updates to allow HTML output to validate properly as XHTML.
The current roadmap can be seen on Assembla.
Please, try out, break and report bugs and suggestions...
More information about the Nikto-discuss