[Nikto-discuss] db_variables bug

Ryan Dewhurst ryandewhurst at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:23:26 UTC 2008

Hello,
Been trying to add my own variables to nikto. Ive read in the manual that
you should put these in the config.txt file if you do not want them to be
over written when nikto is updated. When putthing the variable in
config.txt, nikto does not pick up on them. I added my custom variables to
db_variables, this does get picked up by nikto but it only uses the last
variable in the list and does not try all of them.

Maybe Ive got the syntax wrong or it may be a genuine bug, im not sure. Has
any one else noticed this?

This is the line of code that I am adding to the files:
@COPPERMINE=/ /fotos/ /photos/ /gallery/ /galeria/ /galerie/ /album/
/coppermine/ /Coppermine/

Using nikto in verbose display, it shows that nikto only trys the last
variable, in the case above this would be "/Coppermine/". It totally ignores
the other variables.

Any one have or know a fix? Maybe im using the wrong syntax?