[Nikto-discuss] Nikto2 + Net::SSLeay memory leak?

Sullo sullo at cirt.net
Wed Apr 23 12:48:52 UTC 2008

Quoting David Lodge <dave at cirt.net>:

> Having had a quick nosy through libwhisker, I'd suspect a leak in
> Net::SSLeay, as the libwhisker code doesn't seem to have anything
> leaping out at me to cause the problem. Also your
>
> Good find, but we may need to raise this with the SSLeay guys.

I forwarded the initial report to rfp and we both suspect SSLeay as
the culprit, but haven't had a chance to dig into it yet. The thing to
do would be to write a test program which uses LWP+SSLeay and see if
it suffers from a similar memory drain... at least then it would
confirm the bug is not in Nikto/LW.