[Dataloss] Reporting Dataloss

Aaron Allen aaron at trifault.net
Sat May 3 23:17:59 UTC 2008

It was indeed the FTC and not the FCC.  Too many TLAs in the government,
sorry about that :)

The state is KY.

The superintendent of the school is aware of the issue, and to be fair, it
was actually the vendor that leaked the information (now, whether or not the
vendor should have had the information is another question entirely).  I
believe the vendor (and thus the location of the breach) was in MD, which
complicates things a little more.  The data was available in "sample
reports" that were publicly available on the vendor's website (easily
googled).  There were certainly not hidden or obscured in anyway whatsoever.