[Dataloss] rant: Abandon Ship! Data Loss Ahoy!

James Ritchie, CISA, QSA james_ritchie at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 22 01:36:34 UTC 2008

Here is an article that is very relevant to the concepts that have been
talked about under this thread.  This is from an attorney and dealing
with PCI contractual compliance.  Once you finish reading  the document,
it would not be a far stretch for a civil suit on a data breach  (not
just  PCI related) but using the require controls of the DSS as a
standard of due care. All company executives, time to start having your
legal staff involved with each any every piece of compliance that your
company faces.  Here is the link.
http://infoseccompliance.blogspot.com/2008/02/legal-implications-risks-and-problems.html

--
James Ritchie
CISA, PCI-QSA, ASV, MCSE, MCP+I, M-CIW-D, CIW-CI, Inet+, Network+, A+

Linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/b89/433

Attachments with this email, not explicitly referenced, should not be opened. Always scan your email and their associated attachments for viruses prior to opening.

This message and any accompanying documents are confidential and may contain information covered under the Privacy Act, 5 USC 552(a), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (PL 104-191), or the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521 and its various implementing regulations and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Unauthorized disclosure or failure to maintain the confidentiality of the information may result in civil or criminal sanctions.

This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. Should you not be the intended addressee you have no right to any information contained in this e-mail. If you received this message by mistake you are kindly requested to inform us of this and to destroy the message.