[Dataloss] MO: Breach puts Mo. soldiers' personal data at risk

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Tue Jul 15 16:31:40 UTC 2008

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/news/missouristatenews/story/ca0fe7785a2d8471862574870051f7fd?OpenDocument

The Missouri National Guard has called for a criminal investigation after
it learned that the personal information of as many as 2,000 soldiers had
been breached.

"I am distressed that sensitive information has been compromised," Major
General King Sidwell said in a prepared statement released today.

"I am especially concerned about the problems and inconveniences this may
cause for our Missouri National Guard Citizen-Soldiers and their
families," King said.

The Guard would not release how the personal information had been taken --
whether by computer hackers or other means -- because it has asked for a
"full law enforcement investigation into the matter, the statement said.

[...]