[Dataloss] fringe: Researchers: Disk Encryption Not Secure

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Thu Feb 21 21:03:41 UTC 2008

Well, if anything I think it makes a further case for using
multifactor authentication in order to login to machines - a
"something you have" piece.

Of course, if we knew what we know now and all had robust data
classification schemes allowing us to have to protect only that
business critical or regulation-controlled data, we wouldn't have to
boil the ocean.

We could put in place RBAC and DRM/ERM might actually be doable. Now
where's that Business Impact Assessment from the DR/BCP plan? Sounds
like a good place to start.....if pigs could fly. ;)

--
B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

http://www.wkdelong.org Son.
http://www.ianetsec.com Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org Volunteer.
http://www.carolingia.eastkingdom.org Service.
http://bkdelong.livejournal.com Play.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5 A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org