[Dataloss] Calif. Considers Expanding Data Breach Notification Rules

Beth Givens bgivens at privacyrights.org
Tue Feb 5 20:52:25 UTC 2008

Yes, it is too bad. The state of California is in a serious budget
crisis. Any bills that costs money -- even if only a small amount --
are likely to be vetoed. We'll need to address this incrementally.
Perhaps we can try again for this provision in a few years.

Beth Givens

At 11:44 AM 2/5/2008, you wrote:
>If you look at the second link, it appears that requirements to post
>the reports on-line were
>stricken from the bill.  That's too bad.
>
>Chris
>
>On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 10:20:14AM +0000, security curmudgeon wrote:

The information, advice, and suggestions contained in this email
should be used as an information source and not as legal advice.

Beth Givens, Director
Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
3100 - 5th Ave., Suite B
San Diego, CA 92103