[Dataloss] Laptop theft may have compromised student info.

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Fri Apr 18 02:12:54 UTC 2008

(Earlier mentions include the Connecticut State University System and
Buffalo State... why do I get the feeling we're not done hearing about
this one yet? - Lyger)

http://www.maryvilledailyforum.com/articles/2008/04/17/news/news3.txt

The theft of a laptop computer in New York could potentially put personal
information about Northwest Missouri State University students and alumni
in the wrong hands.

SunGard Higher Education has notified Northwest of the theft of a laptop
computer owned by one of SunGard.s employees that may have put the
personal information of students and former students at risk.

While it is not believed identity theft was the motive behind the
incident, which occurred in March on a college campus in New York,
Northwest moved immediately to inform those who might be affected.

[...]