[Dataloss] DLDOS: "Call to Arms": Proposed revisions

lyger lyger at attrition.org
Thu Apr 17 04:42:56 UTC 2008

http://attrition.org/news/content/08-03-15.001.html

After our first "call to arms" regarding new data additions and a new data
structure for DLDOS, one submission came through with several new ideas
for possible enhancements the the existing "database".  For those of you
who might be interested...

courtesy Marjorie Simmons:

http://attrition.org/dataloss/dataloss_new.csv

Some obvious changes:

Multiple data type additions, setting 0/1 flags for the columns, which
would enhance the current limitation of just two data types

The addition of "biometric" data type to the columns mentioned above

The addition of an XREF2 column to allow for possible cross-references to
other data sources (like ITRC's Breach Report)

The movement of the UID column to the first column in the flat file, which
may or may not affect anyone's parsing efforts

If anyone has any thoughts, comments, or concerns, we would definitely
like to hear them.