[Dataloss] (update) eBay forum mysteriously leaks account details on 1, 200 users

Avery Sawaba avery.sawaba at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 04:21:48 UTC 2007

If this information is accurate, this is a BIG deal, as NOONE should
EVER be storing CVV2 information. Ebay would be in big trouble with
VISA, Mastercard, etc, as this is one of the most capital sins in
credit card handling practices. You only use security codes for
real-time verification. It should never be stored.

Apologies for all the CAPS, and I hope this is all faked data. Scary
to think a big name like Ebay would be foolish enough to save
CVV2/CVC2 codes.

--Sawaba